For your Easter homework, you will need to complete this Natural Hazards Easter Revision booklet. The aim of this booklet is to help you revise the Natural Hazards theme.
You are expected to know about two tectonic hazards and two climatic hazards.
- Tectonic hazards are caused my the movement of tectonic plates.
- Climatic hazards are caused by long term weather patterns
- Topical Storms
For each hazards you need to know:
- The causes of the hazard
- The primary and secondary effects of the hazards
- How people try to reduce the effects of the hazards in a sustainable way through prediction, planning and preparation.
- For the climatic hazards you need to know how global climate change may affect these hazards in the future.
It is very important that you learn 4 case studies for this theme.
- A tectonic hazards event in an MEDC
- A tectonic hazards event in an LEDC
- A climatic hazard event in an MEDC
- A climatic hazard event in an LEDC
It is important to understand how the fact a country in an MEDC or LEDC affects the outcome of a natural disaster and the way in which the disaster is managed.
It is also important that you use the time over the Easter holiday to do other geography revision tasks on the Rivers and Coast Theme and the Economic Development Theme.
If you have any questions, please ask!